.

.

Sunday 19 March 2017

TONY HENRY


In 1965 Tony Henry was employed as an insurance clerk. He discovered he didn't like working in an office but more importantly he discovered that he had quite a good voice. He found a manager, sang at local dances and this encouraged him to ditch his job and become a full time professional. Record label W&G offered him a contract and a number of singles were released. In 1966 he recorded his best-selling single; a cover of Buddy Holly's ''Heartbeat''. He appeared on TV's The Go!! Show.




SINGLES
''Searchin' / This Time'' 1964 W&G
''Baby Blue / The Easy Way Out'' (#86) [with The Breakaways] 1965 W&G
''Heartbeat (#77) / A One Sided Love Affair'' [with The Breakaways] 1965 W&G
''Wild One / Honey Love'' 1966 W&G
''She Cried / Standing Watch'' 1966 W&G
''You Can Have Her I Don't Want Her / What To Do'' [with The Breakaways] 1966 W&G

EPs
'Tony Henry' 1966 W&G






4 comments:

  1. Tony Henry was my dad and he also had other singles like "She Cried" which featured Olivia Newton John & Pat Carrol as his back up singers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for that. If you would like to add more info please email me at kimchallands@hotmail.com

      Delete
    2. Tony Henry was my favourite singer. I was only 13/14. I loved going to Rosebud during school Xmas break where he performed
      I was thrilled when he called me on my birthday!!! I always wanted to find out about his life

      Delete
  2. Hi
    You said Tony was my dad which makes me think he is not with us anymore. we loved to have him at our dances in the country as often as the promoter would book him. He was such a nice guy and would stay at our hotel whenever he was up our way. He would be one of the judges at the Battle of the sounds in Swan Hill and would always call and see us. Such a nice fun person, loved him

    ReplyDelete